It really is all about the simple pleasures in life. I can name a long list of things I would consider simple pleasures that aren’t happening yet…but I’d rather focus on the simple pleasures that I do have…
- My air conditioning is fixed! It’s been out since Saturday and last night it crept up to 85 degrees. I slept on top of the covers last night! For those of you in more temperate climates or in parts of the globe where it’s winter, Florida is HOT right now and will only get hotter. Feeling the cold air as I walked in the door this afternoon was sheer bliss!
- I’ll see my mom Friday night! We’ve already planned a picnic dinner on the beach with the boys and a couple of small outings on Saturday. I don’t really give a crap what we do…I just want to be there.
- I’ll see BFF Saturday night! Other than helping my technologically-impaired friend with a small project, we won’t do much except drink wine and talk…and that sounds pretty damn perfect to me! (Psst, BFF, I need Moscato, please…)
- And Sunday night, I’ll see This Man! We have no firm plans, and I don’t really care. I’ll sound weird when I say this, but I really am happy just sitting in his living room, hanging out.
- Oh yeah, and both boys are healthy again! Sean had those diarrhea issues from last week, and this week, the heat in the house made Aidan sick for two days…this afternoon, everyone seems back to normal. (I promise, I made no pact with the devil for an illness-free weekend…well…)
I’ve always been the person to encourage others to think positively, but I never really applied it to myself. I’m great at dishing out the advice and pretty crappy at taking it – there, I admitted it! But, purposefully focusing on the good in my life really has made a difference. That’s not to say it’s all PollyAnna crap over here…there are still moments I contemplate selling my children to the gypsies…and I’m still sarcastic as hell, and get cranky and whiny every so often…but I don’t let it bring me so far down that I can’t function…
I’ll take my simple pleasures in life and be damn happy with them, thankyouverymuch!